Agenda: Nov. 13, 2011 meeting
1:00 PM Announcements/Recaps
- Call for officers. Currently, two candidates for the presidency
- New project: The Chibots Competition Table build
- New project: Columbia College Sidewinder Project
- Nov. 5/6: Odeum event, possible venue for Fall Chibotica 2012
- October 20 – 23: iHobby Expo at Rosemont, IL: Recap
- Nov. 12: ASME Open Source Microcontroller workshop, recap
- Nov. 19/20: Chicago Toy & Game Fair invitation, Navy Pier (http://www.chitag.com/)
- Other announcements?
1:30 PM Presentation
TI LaunchPad, by Eric G.
The TI LaunchPad is a development system for the TI MSP430 microcontroller. The kit includes the LaunchPad development board, two MSP430 microcontrollers, USB cable for in system programming, online documentation and the free version of TI's Code Composer (downloaded). All this for $4.30!
Eric will introduce the audience to the LaunchPad, discuss practical applications, a really cool robotics project called LaunchBot plus other fascinating projects that he is working on, including a vision recognition system.
Check out his Website where you'll find useful information about this TI product.
2:30 PM Door Prize
- 1 Make Magazine
- 1 RC wireless controller
Only paid Chibots members that are present are eligible for a door prize.
2:40 PM Show, Tell and Ask
Do you have a robotic creation that you are working on? Come and share it with us! In this segment people get a chance to share with others what they are doing, what they already have and to ask questions. If you have a question or problem related to robotics, this segment allows you to ask other participants.
You do not have to be a Chibots member to show, tell or ask.
3:30 PM Club business
- Further discusion about new projects
- Financial report for iHobby will be available for review