Agenda Meeting Sunday September 11, 2011
1:00 PM Call to order – Club business
- Club dues for 2011 – Join Chibots today! Membership dues are $20 USD for family for one full year. Benefits include having a voice to what goes on in the club, waived entry fees for any Chibots organized competitions, discount from some of our sponsors and eligibility for door prizes at our meetings, whenever available.
- Sign up sheet – everyone attending please sign up so that we know who came. This is regardless of whether you are a member or not.
- Treasurer’s report
- Call for Chibots Officers! Current administration's term ends on Dec. 31, 2011. Elections at the December meeting for President, Vice President and Secretary. Now is your chance to directly influence Chibots' direction!
- Don presents various interesting layouts for the iHobby booth (After events)
- Define schedule of competitions: Are any missing? Is the order adequate?
Tentative schedule of events:
Sat - Oct 22
12:30 Basic Line Following
14:00 Advanced Line Following
15:30 Line Maze
Robot Talent Show
Sun - Oct 23
12:30 Mini Sumo
14:00 Racing Line Following
15:30 Humanoid Kung-Fu
- September 24: Science Expo at the Des Plaines Public Library
- October 20 – 23: iHobby Expo at Rosemont, IL
- October 22 & 23: Fall Chibotica at iHobby Expo
1:45 PM Presentation
Combat Robots (CRCA), by Brian Schwartz
This month we have a special guest that will be talking about combat robotics. Topics will include design considerations, components, programming and other related topics. If you are interested in getting started in this high octane field robotics this will be the perfect opportunity to talk to some with experience.
Don't miss this presentation. Even if combat robotics is not your thing, the information presented here will be very useful when building any robot (think RoboMagellan!
See you there!
3:10 PM Door Prize
- 1 Make Magazine
- Microchip PIC starter's kit, by IM Robotics
You need to be present and a paid Chibots member to be eligible for door prizes.
3:15 PM Show, Tell and Ask
Do you have a robotic creation that you are working on? Come and share it with us! In this segment people get a chance to share with others what they are doing, what they already have and to ask questions. If you have a question or problem related to robotics, this segment allows you to ask other participants.
You do not have to be a Chibots member to show, tell or ask.
More information about our meeting here: http://www.chibots.org/?q=node/55